Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
When water damage occurs to your home, it is a tremendously stressful event. Whether from burst pipes, overflowing bathtubs, broken washing machine, flooding or other structural leaks, water damage can happen at unexpectant times. When you experience water damage in your home or commercial property, it’s important to seek professional water damage cleanup in Sandy Springs as soon as possible. If left untreated, water damage can permeate throughout your property and cause further destruction and more costly repairs.
Since 1967, SERVPRO has been providing the highest quality water damage cleanup in Sandy Springs, serving homeowners and business owners alike in all types of water damage emergencies. Being the top trusted company for water damage cleanup in Sandy Springs, we have the knowledge and expertise to stop the water source, clean, and restore and your property back to good condition. What sets us apart from other water damage cleanup companies in Sandy Springs is our commitment to customer service and quick response times to begin the restoration process as soon as possible.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (770) 992-2777
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.